[AMBER] MMPBSA maxitn warning with protein/dna complex

From: Baker, Joseph <bakerj.tcnj.edu>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2017 22:19:07 -0400

Hi all,

We've been trying to do a protein/DNA mmpbsa calculation using the
non-linear PB (so running with use_sander = 1, -make-mdins, then -use-mdins
to mmpbsa.py). We are using AmberTools17.

We are trying to do the calculation on 50 frames over several trajectories.
After getting to about frame 8 in the analysis (for both of our
trajectories), the output from the calculation starts giving

PBSA WARNING in pb_miccg(): CG maxitn exceeded!

We increase the verbosity and we increased the maxitn to a very large
number (1,000,000) in one of the calcs, and still get the same problem. The
warning appears to come after the output

Atomic solvent accessible surface area:

in the output files consistently. Looking at the mdcrd trajectory that
mmpbsa produces for the calculation, there is no obvious difference in
between say frame 7 and 8 in the trajectory that would suggest why the
calculation is getting stuck all of sudden.

Linear PB and GB handle the same sets of frames just fine by the way.

I can provide more detailed information (input scripts, info about the
system, etc.) if needed.

Thanks,
Joe

------