Re: [AMBER] TI free energy calculation errors

From: Sumudu Leelananda <sumudu.leelananda.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:05:13 -0400

Dear Dr. Loeffler

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried it but it still gives the same error:

Error opening unit 30: File "step2_min0.rst" is missing or unreadable

I attached the inputs and also the output files for the charge step.

mpiexec sander.MPI -O -i step2_min0.in -o step2_min0.out -c
protein_1CA6.inpcrd -p protein_1CA6.prmtop -r step2_min0.rst -ref
protein_1CA6.inpcrd

mpiexec sander.MPI -O -i step2_min1.in -o step2_min1.out -c
protein_1CA6.inpcrd -p protein_1CA6.prmtop -r step2_min1.rst -ref
protein_1CA6.inpcrd

mpiexec sander.MPI -O -i step2_heat0.in -o step2_heat0.out -c
step2_min0.rst -p protein_1CA6.prmtop -r step2_heat0.rst -x step2_heat0.nc
-ref step2_min0.rst

mpiexec sander.MPI -O -i step2_heat1.in -o step2_heat1.out -c
step2_min1.rst -p protein_1CA6.prmtop -r step2_heat1.rst -x step2_heat1.nc
-ref step2_min1.rst

mpiexec sander.MPI -O -i step2_md0.in -o step2_md0.out -c step2_heat0.rst
-p protein_1CA6.prmtop -r step2_md0.rst -x step2_md0.nc -ref step2_heat0.rst

mpiexec sander.MPI -O -i step2_md1.in -o step2_md1.out -c step2_heat1.rst
-p protein_1CA6.prmtop -r step2_md1.rst -x step2_md1.nc -ref step2_heat1.rst

Could you please give me suggestions or hints on this?

Also, according to what you suggested it seems like we don't need a
restraint step when doing Sander? I can just only have the charge removal
step [2] and the van der Waals forces removal step [3]. Is that right?

Thank you!