Re: [AMBER] Specific GPU for running pmemd.cuda

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 16:08:31 -0400

I would have said "try exporting CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES without the quotes,"
but that doesn't seem to be the problem when I try it. There's probably
something with the server itself--pmemd.cuda will happily start up on a
device that already has a job running (both jobs will just run at slightly
under 50% their normal speed, pretty much like a CPU, assuming that
collectively they're not exceeding the card's on-board memory capacity).

Also helpful to google your error:
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/470566/cuda-programming-and-performance/why-quot-all-cuda-capable-devices-are-busy-or-unavailable-quot-/

Your fellow sufferers seem to have found a remedy in updating their OS,
which probably updated various drivers. It may also be that there are
settings made through nvidia-smi that are preventing you from accessing
that particular card, if such a numbered card exists at all (going by
Jerrano's reply).

Dave