Re: [AMBER] How to solve the unfilled valence problem in antechamber

From: David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 15:29:58 -0400

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017, Ashish Radadiya wrote:

> I tested mol2 file with "acdoctor" it also gave bunch of warnings.

Here's what I get with AmberTools17:

slater% antechamber -i isg.mol2 -fi mol2 -o dac.mol2 -fo mol2

Welcome to antechamber: molecular input file processor.

acdoctor mode is on: check and diagnosis problems in the input file.
-- Check Format for mol2 File --
-- Check Weird Bonds --
/home/case/amber16/bin/to_be_dispatched/antechamber: Fatal Error!
Weird atomic valence (5) for atom (ID: 7, Name: C4).
       Possible open valence.

Indeed, if you look at the bonds to atom 7:

    10 6 7 ar
    11 7 8 ar
    12 7 10 2

You are asking for two aromatic bonds and one double bond to atom 7. This
adds up to 5 (1.5 + 1.5 + 2), just like the error message says.

I don't know how you got the mol2 file; for converting this to a pdb file
(which has no bond-order information), then using that as input to antechamber
worked fine for me.

....hope this helps....dac