Re: [AMBER] NFE dihedral

From: Feng Pan <fpan3.ncsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 17:48:43 -0400

Hello,

Here, the cv_min and cv_max are only to set the range of output biasing
potential, not the range of
sampling. To restrain the CV in the sample, you should add another &pmd
module. like
For Amber16, if you are using GPU, you should apply this patch first and
then you can use &pmd in GPU
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial31/nfe_advance.patch.tar.gz
There is README file and also you can check the new Amber 2017 manual for
the usage of &pmd.

For wt_bias_1.nc and wt_bias_2.nc, they are the same, so choosing either of
them is OK.

For the selection_constant, this is the original paper of this idea
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ct900524t
Here the constant is from the equation and is associated with the selection
time period and
density of CV. I also check the paper and it is hard to find a practical
way to choose the constant.
Actually the selection algorithm is to enhanced the sampling and not always
necessary to apply,
often if the sampling rate is not so slow you can leave out the selection
algorithm.
Here two replicas are too few for selection, if you want to use selection I
suggest at least 4 replicas
should be used.

Best
Feng Pan