Re: [AMBER] Is explicit solvent more accurate than implicit solvent?

From: Hai Nguyen <nhai.qn.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2017 00:28:39 -0400

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 10:07 PM, Dd H <ddhecnu.gmail.com> wrote:

> I ask the question because I wonder why people don't use implicit solvent
> now.

Hi,
People are still using implicit solvent. This really depends on what you
want to learn.
E.g: You can check our paper for protein folding with implicit solvent +
AMBER GPU.
I think explicit solvent MD can not beat that with current computer power
(except Anton from DE Shaw group).

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ja5032776

cheers
Hai