Re: [AMBER] MD simulation of the whole protein or just its ligand-binding domain

From: Marcos Serrou do Amaral <marcossamaral.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 09:45:49 -0400

Hi Nikolay!

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 5:02 AM, Nikolay N. Kuzmich <nnkuzmich.gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is it possible to simulate domain of a protein molecule
> (ligand-binding domain, for instance) -

Yes. Why not ?

> I mean,does it make sense and how critically should one consider the
> results?

Make all senses. I believe the results depend of your system. I had good
results using only ligand-binding domain.

> How distant will they be from the real world, or to be exact, from the
> results
> if the whole protein had been simulated?

If you have the opportunity, we should try to simulate both "models":
ligand-binding domain and full protein (if you have it). By the way,
sometimes we do not have the full protein on PDB.

HTH
---
Marcos S.A.