Re: [AMBER] possible bug for reading &qmmm after &lmod

From: David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 15:34:07 -0400

On Fri, May 19, 2017, liu junjun wrote:

> I find out that xmin_verbosity not working if &qmmm is added after &lmod.
> Actually any lmod parameters will not be read in if &qmmm is placed after
> &lmod. However, there won't be any problem if &qmmm is placed before $lmod.
> >From the source code, I figure out the order of input section is important.
> The acceptable order should be:
> cntrl --> ewald --> pb --> qmmm --> apbs --> lmod --> amoeba --> sebomd -->
> xray
>
> This "order" issue is caused by the code "backspace(iun)" at line 56 of
> nmlsrc.F90. I guess it would be better if it's changed to "rewind(iun)".

The problem of the order is a valid point, and we should work to fix that.
However, the proposed change to nmlsrc.F90 won't work (as is): it breaks
the NMR weight change code.

Thanks for the report: I'll look into seeing how to make the order of the
(many) sander namelists less of a restriction.

....regards...dac