Re: [AMBER] add ligand parameters

From: Brent Krueger <kruegerb.hope.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 07:04:53 -0400

It looks to me like one issue you likely have is that your cx-cx-n8 angle
in your frcmod file is 59.59 degrees. That small angle (with a huge force
constant) is probably one factor that is pulling that N up into a strange
angle.

Also, you should verify that you have two cx and one cu atom in your ring.

I also am no gaff expert, but I do not know what the n8 atom type is
supposed to be. I would have thought that nh would be appropriate for your
situation. Having said that, I see that there is a cx-cx-nh angle defined
in gaff.dat and its angle is 59.17 degrees. So maybe the angle in your
frcmod file is OK -- but that seems like a chemically-strange angle to me.
Regardless, I would suggest changing the atom type of your nitrogen to nh.
It is possible then that all of your parameters will be already defined
within gaff.dat and you will no longer need a frcmod file.

Maybe someone else who knows more about gaff can respond about why that
equilibrium angle is so small.

Good luck!
Brent