Re: [AMBER] . Re: NetCDF error: Invalid argument (David Case)

From: David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 17:26:42 -0700

On Wed, May 24, 2017, xu qingliang wrote:

> We asked the stuff from National lab to help us to install the
> Netcdf. The version that was used is 4.4.1.1. Is the version too old or
> too new for amber 16 ?

Neither you nor any staff should need to install NetCDF: it is done
automatically as a part of the installation procedure. Note also that
you do not need any superuser privelege for Amber, so you might be able
to install it yourself, even on a remote computer. Don't supply and
netcdf options (use the defaults, for this and other options.)

Beyond that, (if you feel you must use the Amber installed by someone else)
this is *very* difficult to debug remotely. You would need
to find out what options were used to install Amber at this remote site.
Perhpas if you point out that nothing works, they might be willing to
help you out.

...good luck....dac