Re: [AMBER] Building distributable executable

From: D'Auria, Raffaella <dauria.idre.ucla.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 01:05:47 +0000

Hello,

Thanks for all the feebacks.

-xHost is indeed present solely in:

AmberTools/src/configure2
AmberTools/src/cphstats/configure
AmberTools/src/cphstats/config.h

the reason why in my case it had popped up in Makefiles was because I had run configure before removing the xHost flag (and even after issuing ‘make clean’ and ‘make realclean' it had persisted in several locations).

After starting afresh in a newly unpacked directory, removing -xHost from the three files mentioned above was all that I needed to do.

I now have a new question I have noticed that if I have $MKL_HOME set up in my environment it conflicts with the -mkl option to configure. I get:

Error: The -mkl family of flags is incompatible with MKL_HOME !

What is the best way to link to MKL? Using -mkl or setting $MKL_HOME? What is the difference (if any)?

Thanks,

__
Raffaella D’Auria, PhD
IDRE, UCLA