Re: [AMBER] Building distributable executable

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 14:20:26 -0400

Hi,

Yes, define the environment variable SSE_TYPES to the set of
CPU types for your heterogeneous cluster and then run configure.
See the intel compiler man page for the -ax option for details.
But note that this works:
setenv SSE_TYPES " "
./configure intel
make

It does produce innocuous warnings, eg:
icpc ... -ax -fPIC ...
icpc: command line warning #10155: ignoring option '-ax'; argument required

As an aside since you have intel compilers, I recommend this:
./configure -mkl intel

Note that the default with -mkl is dynamic linking so there shouldn't
be problems on a heterogeneous cluster.

Sorry for not carefully reading your post the first time.
scott