Re: [AMBER] addions doubt

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 01:13:54 -0700

Addions after solvation results in each ion replacing a single water.

Adding water after ions results in more waters being removed, since each
ion can overlap multiple waters in the template water box.

More waters being removed results in more vdw voids, leading to more box
shrinkage on equilibration, meaning more uncertainty in choosing initial
box size.

Bill