Re: [AMBER] question about commutation of sub-trajectories and frame aligning

From: Gordon Richard Chalmers <gordoncs.uga.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 17:36:08 +0000

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for response.

First, I do know how to shorten my cpptraj input and also how

to use the hyphen in the masking. Sometimes I want to be

explicit to check certain things, such as frame aligning without

some of the residues. About netCDF, that is a good

idea, and I will make it a priority to start reading in the netCDF

format in my programs.

It must have had a disk I/O problem or whatever. For the past 2 days?
I checked this 5 times before asking. Today, no problem.

1) No problem with the unaligned 0-200ns segment of the

unaligned 1000ns trajectory. I checked the frames after 54683

- there are no zeros for the coordinates.

2) No problem with the unaligned 0-1000ns total trajectory.

3) No problem with the aligned 1000ns trajectory.

4) No problem with the 0-200ns segment, using cpptraj, of the

aligned 1000ns trajectory.

-- 5) Now no problem with the aligning the 0-200ns segment of the

unaligned 0-1000ns trajectory. This was a problem.

Thank you for the time. I do check these things, and there was no

problem with the 400-600ns and 800-1000ns segments earlier, just

the 0-200ns segment.

Gordon Chalmers
Department of Computer Science
Complex Carbohydrate Research Center