Re: [AMBER] AddtoBox failure

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 22:50:52 -0400

If your "protein" radius is set very high--such that it completely fills
the box--then AddToBox will be unable to add any molecules. In its
recursive attempts to add molecules, it is reducing the SOLVENT bump
radius, letting "solvent" molecules get packed more tightly together
(presumably, what you are adding is small and won't get tangled up in
itself too easily). The "protein" (or, however many atoms you define as
such) is treated as sacrosanct and AddToBox will not compromise -RP to
place molecules increasingly close to that part of your simulation.
AddToBox is expected to be followed by a trip through tleap and the energy
minimization, which should undo any clashes created by the solvent bump
radius reduction.

Dave