Re: [AMBER] 3D-RISM centering 0

From: Tyler Luchko (Lists) <"Tyler>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 11:18:04 -0700

Hi Lucia,

I’m not sure what you are trying to do with ‘--centering 0’. This should be considered an expert setting and is only used in special circumstances. Also, are you using periodic or non-periodic 3D-RISM. Your full command line would help.

The 3D-RISM solvation grid starts at (0,0,0) and goes to (solvbox_x, solvbox_y, solvbox_z). With ‘—centering 1’ the solute center-of-mass is move to the center of this box for the 3D-RISM calculation and then moved back to its original location. Any output grids are appropriately translated to the original location of the solute. This is almost always what you want.

‘—centering 0’ gives you the option to manually place the solute in the solvation box. The solvation grid is still from (0,0,0) and to (solvbox_x, solvbox_y, solvbox_z) but the position of the solute is not changed from its original location. You, as the user, need to provide an input file with the solute positioned exactly as you want with the knowledge of where the solvent grid will be.

The second most popular option is ‘—centering 2’, which translates the center-of-geometery of the solute. This is used for minimization where the center-of-geometry is constant instead of the center-of-mass.

HTH,

Tyler