Re: [AMBER] Format error in frcmod file of HEME

From: David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 14:41:09 -0400

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017, Thakur, Abhishek wrote:

> I am trying to use HEME amber parameters but it is giving me format error

To expand on the previous email:

Amber expects a title at the top of a frcmod file; adding a blank line
will be fine.

However, you have lots of weird characters in your file:

> Unknown keyword: NB-FE-NO? in parameter file. Perhaps a format error?
> Unknown keyword: NB-FE-LC ? in parameter file. Perhaps a format error?

The "?" are glyphs that are unknown to Amber; plus you have dos line-endings.
I'm guessing that somehow you processed this file through some program that
made substitutions that changed the content. Try to get a fresh copy, and
examine it with a genuine text editor to make sure it looks OK.

...good luck....dac