Re: [AMBER] 2D rms plot doubt

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 08:23:33 -0400

On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 1:10 PM, SHAILESH KUMAR <shaile27_sit.jnu.ac.in> wrote:
> Thanks Dan, for correcting. I was not aware of option to use a different
> reference trajectory.
> Does rms2d with a different reference trajectory tries to find out
> similarity/dissimilarity between two ensembles of structures collected
> using two simulation?
> Can you please elaborate a bit? I am just curios about it.

It's effectively like running multiple RMSD calculations in a row,
each with a different reference trajectory. The original reason I
added the functionality was to compare the same trajectory before and
after I've done something to it, like minimize all of the structures.
How asymmetric the resulting plot is can be an indication of how much
the structures changed from the minimization. Honestly it's not
something that I use very often but it wasn't hard to code up so why
not, right? :-)

-Dan