Re: [AMBER] Issue regarding ligand parameterization

From: David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 08:06:17 -0400

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017, Nirupma Singh wrote:

> I am trying to add hydrogens to my ligand file using reduce command in
> amber but it is not adding any hydrogen to the ligand.

> Database of HETATM connections:
> "/opt/apps/amber14/dat/reduce_wwPDB_het_dict.txt"

Reduce only knows about the ligands that are present in its database
(above), which covers those ligands in the PDB repository. It is not a
general-purpose program that can deal with arbitrary ligands, and it doens't
know what to do with your molecule named "lig".

You will need to either figure out what the PDB-standard name is for your
ligand, and use other software, not present in AmberTools.

...good luck...dac