[AMBER] Question about the implementation of the Steered MD

From: abdennour braka <abdennour.braka.univ-orleans.fr>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 08:26:36 +0100

Hi All,
I have a quation about the implementation of the Steered MD in PMEMD.
I read in the manual that: the center of the restraint is time-dependent
as in
                     Vrest (t) = (1/2)k[x − x0 (t)]2
and I read in the manual of WHAM that Amber does not include the 1/2
when specify spring constants for the restraint terms (umbrella sampling
only ... ???)
Would it be possible to confirm to me that in amber it is 1/2 k for the
jar (SMD) simulations.
Many thanks
--
Abdennour BRAKA