Re: [AMBER] EPM2 Force field for CO2

From: Liyang Zhu <liyangzhu.lbl.gov>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 15:42:21 -0800

Dear David,

I have used ntp=1 ant taup=99999.0, indeed the volume change was
neglect-able, while the pressure is much large than expected.

Conversion of LJ parameters into Amber parameters are correct, I found some
articles using NONBON parameters very close to my CO2.frcmod file as
follows. The bond and angle parameters are taken from gaff2.dat. Then
using packmol to get a box.pdb of desired density. And using tleap to
generate the prmtop and inpcrd files.

In history, there are many mail lists about rigid CO2 model. So may be
there is no flexible CO2 parameters existing now, only rigid CO2 models are
widely used, which bring continuously problem for some users of Amber,
Gromacs and other MD softwares.

A possible way to solve this problem may be optimizing the parameters based
on gaff2.dat (includes inter-molecule parameters), so could anyone give
some suggestions about the flowsheets to optimize parameters for MD
simulation, for those small but widely used molecules?

Regards,
Liyang

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/mailing_list/namd-l.2014-2015/1379.html
http://archive.ambermd.org/200810/0166.html
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.gromacs.user/76394

CO2.frcmod
remark goes here
MASS
X 12.01 0.360 ATTN, need revision
T1 16.00 0.434 ATTN, need revision
T2 16.00 0.434 ATTN, need revision

BOND
X -T1 794.98 1.160 ATTN, need revision
X -T2 794.98 1.160 ATTN, need revision

ANGLE
T1-X -T2 118.817 180.0 ATTN, need revision

DIHE

IMPROPER

NONBON
  X 1.5473 0.0559 ATTN, need revision