Re: [AMBER] How to download patches and updates manually

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 22:24:10 -0500

For the record, I actually wrote a quick how-to to do this back in 2013.
It's on my Wiki:

http://jswails.wikidot.com/using-update-amber#toc6

There's an easier way of doing it than applying the updates one-at-a-time.

Basically what you need to do is download all of the updates to your
computer that *does* have internet access, copy them to your supercomputer
in a folder, and then configure update_amber to look for updates in that
folder rather than the internet.

Alternatively, I would recommend checking with your supercomputer staff to
see if you can connect to the internet through a proxy server. If you can,
you can simply input the proxy information to teach update_amber how to
connect (that's described on the same page).

Hope this helps,
Jason