Re: [AMBER] REMD_just_1.10ns/day

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.ufl.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 16:09:35 -0500

Thakur, you need togive us much better data if we are to help youy.

What does "somewhat less processor" means?

You said you used 128 cores for REMD. How many replicas ?

How many cores did you use to run without REMD?

adrian

On 1/24/17 3:58 PM, Thakur, Abhishek wrote:
> Hi Dr.Simmerling,
>
> I have ran with same mdind file MD with some what less processor but ot gave me around 7-8ns/day.
>
> than is why I am more shocked that REMD is giving so slow.
>
> With aMD I have got 6ns/day.

> I would suggest doing the benchmarking without REMD. Do your MD speeds
> match published benchmarks for similar size systems? REMD should not add
> much overhead but can add complications if your computer system is not
> configured well. It's best to try to isolate the factors and test MD alone.
>
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 1:53 PM, Thakur, Abhishek <axt651.miami.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi every one,
>>
>> I am running REMD on 128 processors with 10706 atoms implicitly and just
>> getting 1.1ns/day.
>>
>> Is it normal that such calculation run so slow?
>>
>> Or can there be a possibility of some fault in my script?
>>
>> Here is what I am using
>>

>> &cntrl
>> irest=1, ntx=5,
>> nstlim=100, dt=0.004,
>> ntt=3, gamma_ln=50.0,
>> temp0=XXXXX, ig=RANDOM_NUMBER,
>> ntc=2, ntf=2, nscm=1000,
>> ntb=0, igb=5,
>> cut=999.0, rgbmax=15.0,
>> ntpr=100, ntwx=1000, ntwr=100000,
>> nmropt=1,
>> numexchg=100000,
>> saltcon=0.2,
>> /
>> &wt TYPE='END'
>> /
>> DISANG=WT_chir.dat
>>

>> Thanking you,
>>
>> -AT
>> AMBER.ambermd.org
>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lists.ambermd.org_mailman_listinfo_amber&d=DwICAg&c=y2w-uYmhgFWijp_IQN0DhA&r=0Hah93XWYYBgmROOVcaccg&m=apxSRhIqQPlMirdn8KNpkauo4szznBBPRUM29yIzThY&s=uFr0oJ0PFsqhiHJK2FGkMKPXGwboVmLKsWA5gFLRylA&e=

> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lists.ambermd.org_mailman_listinfo_amber&d=DwICAg&c=y2w-uYmhgFWijp_IQN0DhA&r=0Hah93XWYYBgmROOVcaccg&m=apxSRhIqQPlMirdn8KNpkauo4szznBBPRUM29yIzThY&s=uFr0oJ0PFsqhiHJK2FGkMKPXGwboVmLKsWA5gFLRylA&e=

Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
University of Florida Research Foundation Professor.
Department of Chemistry
University of Florida
roitberg.ufl.edu
352-392-6972