Re: [AMBER] Fwd: some clues about yacc errors on OLCF rhea

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 13:44:41 -0500

Hi,

As a practical matter you could produce the serial yacc and change its
permission to owner not writable and then build in parallel perhaps
with make -i if a non writable amberhome/bin/yacc produces an error.

FWIW i just checked this thread :
[AMBER] amber14 parallel build problems
and i do not see the verbose and verbatim details such as logfiles etc.
Perhaps these did not make it into the list.
Also the message below appears to have been sent to an individual not to
the list.

If we really really want to find the local problem then you may need to
run the parallelly produced yacc in a debugger. I'll take a look at the
amber side bigger picture - why rebuild yacc if a serial build already
made it.

scott