Re: [AMBER] pmemd.cuda.MPI not running well with SGE

From: Chris Neale <candrewn.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 11:06:59 -0700

Within a queueing system that we have, I have to set the CPU affinity to
run multiple concurrent jobs on the same node. Code is below, which can be
modified to simply set the CPU affinity for a single mpirun call per node
if that is what you need. We're using openmpi.

{
  export CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=0,1
  {
    echo "rank 0=localhost slot=0:0"
    echo "rank 1=localhost slot=0:1"
  } > my.rankfile.A
  mpirun --report-bindings --rankfile my.rankfile.A -np 2
${AMBERHOME}/bin/pmemd.cuda.MPI -i $amdp -o ${athis}.out -p this.prmtop -c
${aprev}.rst -r ${athis}.rst -x ${athis}.mdcrd -inf ${athis}.info -l
${athis}.log
} &

{
  export CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=2,3
  {
    echo "rank 0=localhost slot=0:2"
    echo "rank 1=localhost slot=0:3"
  } > my.rankfile.B
  mpirun --report-bindings --rankfile my.rankfile.B -np 2
${AMBERHOME}/bin/pmemd.cuda.MPI -i $bmdp -o ${bthis}.out -p this.prmtop -c
${bprev}.rst -r ${bthis}.rst -x ${bthis}.mdcrd -inf ${bthis}.info -l
${bthis}.log
} &

wait

## Hope it helps.