Re: [AMBER] lipid membrane tleap problem amber16

From: Dickson, Callum J <callum.dickson09.imperial.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 14:29:45 +0000

Hi Sofia,

Was the format of the POPC membrane PDB exactly the same as that output from charmmlipid2amber.py?

The residue numbering should be:

PA 1

PC 1

OL 1

TER

PA 2

PC 2

OL 2

TER

Each POPC lipid has PA, PC and OL units with each single lipid having the same residue number. That you do not see a bond between tails and head groups indicates your membrane PDB has residue numbering as:

PA 1

PC 2

OL 3

TER

PA 4

PC 5

OL 6

TER

If this is not the case perhaps you could send your POPC membrane PDB (or a small part of it) to help diagnose further.

Best,

Callum