Re: [AMBER] amber14 parallel build problems

From: Ada Sedova <ada.a.sedova.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 23:01:57 -0500

Thank you, David.

I will check these scripts. I also have a help ticket in to ORNL OLCF user
assistance but I expect not to hear back from them until after the MLK
holiday. However, I doubt they will be willing to dig too deep into the
code itself.

I agree, it seems to be calling the local yacc.

My colleagues at the NCCS Scientific Computing group also were wondering
why you would HAVE to build in serial first (it is not a common procedure).
Also, it is strange that after advising me to do this, they are also
telling me that there is a common problem with residual files from the
serial build interfering with the parallel build, and I should use <make
distclean>; furthermore there is no rule for distclean, only for clean, in
the top Makefile. Very confusing.

While I have your attention, I was wonder what it would take to get an
upgrade of our site license to amber16/AmberTools16. I would still have to
build it but your group is telling me it has fewer bugs/problems.

Thanks again,

Ada Sedova

-SciComp, NCCS, ORNL
sedovaaa.ornl.gov