Re: [AMBER] amber14 parallel build problems

From: David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 15:05:59 -0500

On Sat, Jan 14, 2017, Ada Sedova wrote:

> I will try, burt honestly, looking at the error, it seems that this is a
> result of a discrepancy between my redhat version of the yacc parser's
> syntax and the way it is called in the cifparse script.

Save the config.h script after the serial build, and compare it to the one
after the parallel configure step, looking at the YACC variable.

In all cases, you should be using the byacc code we supply, not your operating
system's yacc.

Also examine the output of "mpicc -show": it should but calling the same gcc
as you used for the serial build.

We apologize for these problems: you have stumbled upon something I don't
recall having run across before.

...dac

[Amber developers: someone should step up and figure out *why* we need a
serial compile first; and then see if we can't remove that requirement.

I'd also like to split off the nab parallel build (which is leading to the
problem here: I doubt that very many people use that, and that we should
say "run 'make mpinb'" if you want it.]