Re: [AMBER] LJ parameters in frcmod files

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 13:11:19 -0600

Hi Jacob,

> On Jan 12, 2017, at 12:34 PM, Jacob Monroe <jimonroe.umail.ucsb.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> To clarify, the default behavior of leap in reading frcmod files or .dat parameter files is to read the information in the NONB section as the vdW radius (sigma*(2^(1/6))/2) and the energy well depth, correct?

That is correct.

The interface_v1_5.dat file was created based on the “charmm27_interface_v1_5.prm” file released in INTERFACE_FF (v1.5) from https://bionanostructures.com/interface-md/

In this paper, the sigma is actually Rmin (comparing its equation 1 and the first equation in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lennard-Jones_potential <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lennard-Jones_potential>). So the parameters in interface_v1_5.dat should be fine.

> Just checking to make sure I’m interpreting this correctly, since I am very interested in using this force field.
>
> Thanks,
> Jacob

Hope it clarifies things.

Kind regards,