[AMBER] Re_Re: Editing residue in PDB file

From: Nikolay N. Kuzmich <nnkuzmich.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 17:27:10 +0300

Dear Amber users, dear David,
(whom I want to thank for the answer)

I would like to edit the pdb file manually.
The inhibitor is covalently bound with protein via serine residue.
The idea is to treat the amino acid + covalent ligand as a
single UNIT, i.e., a modified amino acid.

So I change the residue name from SER to the new one, extend it by shifting
there
the inhibitors atoms with their coordinates. And then some questions are
evolving:

1. How/by which rules do I specify sidechain atoms in the pdb (like CA2,
HG13, N3, etc.) ?
2. The enumeration order of the chain will shift, so should I change the
atom numbers of the following residues manually (hundreds and thousands!),
or can be done automaticlly somehow?

Thank you in advance,
Nick

Message: 25