Re: [AMBER] Questions regarding Installation of AMBER 16

From: Hai Nguyen <nhai.qn.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 16:22:48 -0500

On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 4:07 PM, James Kress <jimkress_58.kressworks.org>
wrote:

> Question 1:
>

> Just installed AMBER 16 using:
>

> ./configure gnu
>

> Serial installation went fine. The Test went fine except it failed for
> cases in:
>

> U:\home\amber16\AmberTools\src\FEW\examples\test\gauss\L51a
>

> U:\home\amber16\AmberTools\src\FEW\examples\test\leap\L51a
>

> U:\home\amber16\AmberTools\src\FEW\examples\test\MD_resp\L51a
>

> Failure was in that order. I assume this is not an issue since I do not
> have Gaussian installed so the associated QM and other calculations could
> not be performed.
>

> Question 2:
>

> I then did
>

> make clean
>
> ./configure -mpi gnu
>

> After making sure the openmpi 10 ldlibrary and path were properly included.
>

> Everything went fine except I was given a warning about the absence of
> parallel NetCDF. I searched the AMBER 16 distribution but could find no
> trace of pnetcdf. Do I need to install this separately?

generally you can ignore that warning it

The configure says

      --with-pnetcdf </path/to/pnetcdf> Specify parallel NetCDF build to
use.

                     This is only required for parallel NetCDF trajectory
output

                     with cpptraj.MPI.

If you really want, you can compile parallel netcdf and use that
--with-pnetcdf for your configuration.

So yes, I guess you need to install it seperately

(https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/parallel-netcdf)

PS: Dan Roe (cpptraj) might have different opinion.

Hai