Re: [AMBER] error

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 09:35:07 -0500

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016, 睿 ? wrote:

> I am trying to install AmberTools 16 on a Windows machine with cygwin64
> installed. I encounter the following error after typing "./configure
> -cygwin gnu":
>

> Testing the gfortran compiler:
> gfortran -O0 -o testp.exe testp.f
> gfortran: 致命??:-fuse-linker-plugin, but cyglto_plugin.dll not found

Note that this error has nothing to do with Amber per se: the code is trying
to compile and run a simple 3-line fortran program, and is getting the error
message you see.

If you copy the error message into a search box, you'll find lots of hits,
where others have seen the same behavior.

If you are using Windows 10, there is a far simpler solution:

    http://ambermd.org/linux_install.html

...dac

> I searched Google and the Amber Mailing list archive but could not find
> anything.

This is odd: my search string was "-fuse-linker-plugin, but cyglto_plugin.dll
not found"