Re: [AMBER] HMassRepartition

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 11:04:22 -0500

If your nstlim is that high then you are not in serious danger from random
seed bugs. The problem is that the NET force imparted to each particle by
Langevin thermostating tends towards zero as 1/sqrt(nstlim). If nstlim is
10000 you'll see a big problem, 100000 you'll see a problem but may not
notice it, and 1000000+ the effect is negligible. Still, ig = -1 is
usually a good policy unless you are intent on exactly reproducing a
trajectory, it which case you should set ig to a specific sequence of
numbers (i.e. 8572, 8573, 8574, ...) for each segment.

Dave