Re: [AMBER] Error in the production of heat.rst file

From: Stacyann Nelson <mitize2000.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 00:20:51 +0000 (UTC)

Thank you David and Elvis

I am unable to run the equilibration phase for this system. I do not have a mdout file yet as i am just heating the system. and got result to 200K.
Any possible solution for this situation so I may continue heat system to 310K so I may equilibrate it?

    On Thursday, November 3, 2016 7:48 AM, David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu> wrote:

 On Thu, Nov 03, 2016, Stacyann Nelson wrote:

> 3.  ATOMIC COORDINATES AND VELOCITIESERROR:
> Problem reading coordinates or velocities from heat_4_RA48.rst

This usually means that there are "**" characters in the restart file,
indicating values that are too large to fit in the required format.

This in turn means that something bad is likely to have happened during the
simulation (unless it is very long).  Check the mdout files for any indication
of bad behavior (spiking temperatures, large changes in enegies...).
Visualize your molecule at various stages of the equilibration to look for
problems.

...good luck....dac