Re: [AMBER] Help with GIST analysis

From: Sérgio Marques <smar96.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 11:18:02 +0200

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your replying and for such extended explanation!

You might be right about the box size and the possible effects on other
layers of solvation. However, for some systems I have tried a box covering
almost the whole system (70 A box, which took weeks to calculate), but I
also didn't observe what I expected (the mutant with increased water
entropy).
Regarding the energies, I will try to put a threshold on the enthalpy and
recalculate the parameters, and then maybe recalculate the GIST without
aligning the systems.

Thanks again!!

Best regards
Sergio

Sérgio Marques, PhD

Marie Curie Fellow at:
*Loschmidt Laboratories*
Department of Experimental Biology
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University
Kamenice 5/A13, 625 00 Brno, Czech Republic
Web: http://smarques.weebly.com/