Re: [AMBER] cpptraj gist core dumped

From: Steven Ramsey <vpsramsey.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 11:34:48 -0400

Hi,

That is definitely a memory issue, however without some more information
it's hard to diagnose what exactly is going wrong. Dan's suggestions of
reducing the grid size should help, but if the crash is occurring
immediately something else may be going on. Some information would really
help us get an idea of the situation: could you link the gist command from
your cpptraj input script and provide a little information regarding the
simulation (in particular the solvent model in use)?

In general the GIST memory bottleneck is in saving water coordinates within
the region of interest at every frame being analyzed so that entropies can
be calculated after all frames have been read. A ballpark estimate for the
memory usage (of entropy alone) would be Nframe * Nwater (in the region of
interest) * 7 * 8 bytes. It can get out of hand quickly with larger grids.

Happy to help,

--Steve