Re: [AMBER] setup time with pmemd.cuda

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 12:16:40 -0700

Hi Hannes,

That behavior sounds really weird. My initial guess would be file I/O issues meaning the reading of the input files is ridiculously slow. The second might be some kind of crazy long DNS timeout. PMEMD calls hostname so it record the hostname of the machine running the calculation in mdout. If this is timing out for some reason that might be why the setup time is always 240s.

Both of those should be independent of GPU though. Can you try the serial CPU code with the exact same input setting and see if you get the same behavior?

All the best
Ross