Re: [AMBER] Continue a simulation run

From: Hai Nguyen <nhai.qn.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 13:51:20 -0400

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 6:40 AM, Pooja Kesari <pkesari88.gmail.com> wrote:

> My production run of 4 ns successfully ended.
>
> If i now define my prod.in as follows keeping all the files (rst files)
> unchanged
> *molecular dynamics production run*
> * &cntrl*
> * imin=0, ntx=5,irest=1,*
> *nstlim=5000000, dt=0.002,taup=2.0,*
>

> Will my production run start from the beginning or from 4 ns.

Yes, with "irest=1" flag, you will start from 4ns. But I suggest to look
at manual: http://ambermd.org/doc12/Amber16.pdf (start from page 306)
and try to understand about the option inputs before doing extensive run.

Since you're new to amber, you might want to reproduce the tutorial:
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/#basic_tut

Let us know if there is anything that is not clear.

Hai