Re: [AMBER] aromatic ring plane distorted

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 10:26:40 -0700

Carlos has the right idea for triage - see if it happens without GB, and
if so, then concentrate on the force field.

> some ligands with the same ring do not bind to Zn2+ but still the
aromatic ring plane is distorted during the simulation

Do you mean standard residues distort in the same way, even when not
next to a Zn2+?

If it's due to the 2+ charge I think adding impropers could be worth a
try, but I'd expect to have heard this problem before in this case, so
not sure.

> Btw, why the radius of both Zn2+ and Mg2+ is 1.5 A. when measured in VMD? Shouldn't they be different?

I doubt VMD is using prmtop values - just defaulting, as one often does.

Bill