Re: [AMBER] Problem with atommap function in cpptraj (v16)

From: Samuel Bowerman <sbowerma+amber-l.hawk.iit.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 14:39:05 -0500

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your response. While I agree that what you've posted *should*
work as is, it unfortunately does not. The first frame of the trajectory
is reordered appropriately, but subsequent frames are riddled with strange
atom configurations: for example, the atoms within C-J get lumped into a
giant ball instead of being mapped to their original locations. I am not
too familiar at working with trajectories as COORDS sets, so I can't offer
a guess as to why this may be occurring.

That being said, my most pressing need is to use cpptraj to identify
different structural clusters in groups A and B, so I've decided to just
strip my data to these groups and then use atommap on the resulting
trajectories prior to clustering. While being able to use a wider variety
of cpptraj's utilities on the full simulations would be fantastic, this
will satisfy my original plans for these trajectories.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Take care,
Samuel Bowerman
Ph.D. Candidate