Re: [AMBER] Restarting a crushed run

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 15:53:43 -0700

Hi Dmitry,

Yes you are mostly correct in that it is unlikely to have a measurable effect. However if you use the same random see for each restart with thermostats (and barostats) that rely on the random number stream you can introduce statistical biasing that could ultimately influence your results. The following paper is a nice read that highlights this issue:

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ct8002173

If you were using the langevin thermostat you may want to consider re-running your simulations that were started with the same random seed each time just to be on the safe side.

All the best
Ross