Re: [AMBER] Extend of manual modulation-Connectin​g two molecules methodology

From: Kostas Bourandas <k0stasmp123.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 19:56:53 -0700

Thank you very much for your replies David!!

I am just downloading a single pdb file from rcsb (e.g a protein-ligand
complex, no multiple conformations) and in xleap I do

"prt_lig=loadpdb protein-ligand.pdb"

When I do "check prt_lig" I get many warnings concerning proximities.

But even when I do something like "prt-lig=sequence{ACE ASP ARG GLY GLY GLY
... NHE}"

and I do "check prt-lig" I might still get the same kind of warnings. I
then usually do "edit prt-lig" and I manually put some distance between
side chains and the warnings reduce.

It is true though that I haven't used pdb4amber tool to choose model

As far as concerns the CLeu, when I use loadpdb amber creates Cleu from Leu
automatically. I just wanted to add NHE cap so as to connect it with PEG's
NH2.

I used the command prt-lig_new=sequence{prt-lig NHE}, then manually erased
the oxygen from CLeu, and modified the charges so as to have an
integer total charge after the oxygen deletion and NHE addition.

Then I manually erase NH2 from PEG, modified its charges, and I connect
what remains to prt-lig so as to have a new prt-lig-peg molecule with
integer charge.

Is this the correct way to work?

Kostas