Re: [AMBER] Question about usage of external QM in QM/MM

From: Dr. Andreas W. Goetz <agoetz.sdsc.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 23:15:40 -0700

You can switch off periodic boundary conditions by setting ntb=0, but it does not seem like a good idea for a simulation that has been set up for periodic boundary conditions (water box). Iff you want to avoid periodic boundary conditions, you should use a solvent cap. This can be done with the solvatecap command in leap, which also adds the restraining half-harmonic potential to the prmtop file. It is also possible to cut a solvent cap from a larger water box by setting ivcap=1 in the cntrl namelist (section 18.6.10 in the Amber 16 manual), but I have never done this and don’t know how well this works.

All the best,
Andy

Dr. Andreas W. Goetz
Assistant Project Scientist