Re: [AMBER] Sander bomb: how to create a larger box

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 04:32:22 -0700

An AI prof once told our class that many people had competed long and
hard to come up with the best algorithm for restacking a pile of blocks
in a specified order. In the end it was decided that it was generally
sufficient to knock them all down and stack them from there. The
principle may apply here, but one thing you could do is generate a pdb
of your restrt, load it in leap, solvate it hoping it keeps its
orientation so you get a uniform layer of fresh water, run dynamics with
the original system held fixed with belly to get semi-valid velocities,
then cut out the new crds and velocities (e.g. with awk or perl) and
patch them into the respective sections of a copy of the original
restrt. Then you would have to equilibrate the new system and wonder if
all that biased your results. I might consider it if it would save a
week's work or more.

Bill