Re: [AMBER] Problem setting AMBERHOME as environment variable Ambertools 16 Linux

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 10:24:25 -0600

What shell are you using? If it's C-shell then the command to set
environment variables is 'setenv', e.g.

setenv AMBERHOME /home/mbch/amber16

-Dan

PS - If you are using C-shell, I *strongly* recommend you switch to
something like bash instead - just my opinion though...

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 10:15 AM, Elissa Fink <elissa.fink.14.cnu.edu> wrote:
> Dear AMBER users,
>
> I am trying to setup Ambertools 16 on a Linux Ubuntu 64bit computer. I
> cannot seem to set AMBERHOME as the environment variable. I am using the
> following commands:
>
>>tar xvfj AmberTools16.tar.bz2
>>cd amber16/
>>export AMBERHOME=/home/mbch/amber16
>>./configure gnu
>
> I get the error messages:
> "Checking for updates...
> Warning: AMBERHOME [None] differs from expected [/home/mbch/amber16].
> No changes will be made until this is fixed.
> Checking for available patches online. This may take a few seconds...
> Available AmberTools 16 patches:
> (lists 10 updates)
> Do you want to apply them now? [y/N]
>
> Warning: AMBERHOME [None] differs from expected [/home/mbch/amber16].
> No changes will be made until this is fixed.
> Setup Error: making changes has been disabled because AMBERHOME is not set
> correctly or the updater has been removed from AMBERHOME.
> Automatic patching failed! Check the errors before re-configuring."
>
> I have followed the installation instructions with and without the 'sudo'
> before './configure' gnu and other forum answers but it always shows
> "AMBERHOME [None] differs from expected [/home/mbch/amber16]."
>
> Any recommendations for setting up AMBERHOME correctly?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Elissa Fink

Daniel R. Roe, PhD
Department of Medicinal Chemistry