Re: [AMBER] SMD at constant force

From: Ming Tang <m21.tang.qut.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 11:01:19 +0000

Thank you Jason,

Following your guidance, I tried to understand what the flat-well potential is and how to apply NMR restraint. I use the following DISANG file:

&rst
    iat=-1,-1,
    iresid=0,ifvari=0,ir6=0,ifntyp=0,ialtd=0,
    r3=83, r4=84.945,rk3=500,
    igr1=5,399,756
    igr2=386,743,1137
&end

I want to apply constant force between the centre of mass (COM) of 2 group of atoms. The initial distance between the COM of the 2 groups is 84.945. I want to stretch the protein at the COM of the 2 groups using constant force, which I think is 2*rk3*(r4-r3) when the distance between the COM of the 2 groups is larger than r4. However, from my dist_vs_t file, the distance between the COM of the 2 groups is decreasing.

Is my understanding and my .RST file correct?

Regards