[AMBER] Is the surf or the molsurf calculate the protein surface?

From: Windy CC <chxp101.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 10:46:15 +0800

Hi, everyone,

    I want to calculate the hydrophobic surface which exposed to the
solvent of a protein and using the surf or the molsurf command in cpptraj.
The command is here:

   surf :ALA,VAL,LEU,ILE,PRO,PHE,TRP,MET out XXX.out

   However, I wonder that is the surf or the molsurf calculate the surface
exposed to the solvent of a protein, or the command just culculate the area
of each residue surface and then sum up?

   Best wishes.

Chen.

PS: I found the mail of 163.com cannot receive the reply of the question,
so I change to the gmail. This may disrupts