Re: [AMBER] HMR 4fs failure?

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 17:53:32 -0400

Let me shamelessly plug my new toy in mdgx: configuration sampling, to be
released in AmberTools v17 after I do a bit more polishing. I'm not using
it for its primary purpose, but it does perform energy minimizations with
array of NMR restraints and thereafter creates a report file containing
information to help identify bad conformations and help the user to see "I
guess it doesn't bend that way!" For this case, I am making use of the
sanity checking. Here's the output:

<++>-----------------------------------------------------------------------<++>
(3.) Basic sanity checks. If a configuration fails these tests, it was not
     printed out for further consideration but the reasons it failed will be
     summarized here. The tests are that, first, no bond of a configuration
     may be strained more than 10.00 kcal/mol. Furthermore, no angle may be
     strained more than 10.00 kcal/mol. Finally, the maximum tolerated
     restraint energy (summed over all restraints) is 200.00 kcal/mol. If
any
     of these tests seem too stringent or not tight enough, the thresholds
may
     be changed in the &configs namelist.

 - Configurations passing all sanity checks: 0
 - Configurations failing bond sanity check: 1
 - Configurations failing angle sanity check: 1
 - Configurations failing restraint sanity check: 0

 Descriptions of each problematic configuration follow, along with the
 names and numbers of atoms involved in each feature creating the problem.
 - Configuration 1:
     Strain is 478.9827 for bond NE -CZ (208, 210)
     Strain is 34.6589 for angle NH1 -CZ -NH2 (211, 210, 214)
     Restraint binding atoms () strained to 0.0000

Look at atoms 208 and 210 in Arg12, I see that, yes, it's stabbed right
through a nearby Phenylalanine.

Dave