Re: [AMBER] mmpbsa.py to calculate binding energy between protein and a ligand when there are two ligands combined with the protein.

From: Hai Nguyen <nhai.qn.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 00:56:28 -0400

ah, one more point about igb=8, 5, and 2.

igb=8 was extensively tested for proteins and nucleic acid simulations and
was shown to have significant improvement.
However, there is still limited testing igb8 with MMGBSA.

So far I only saw one recent publication comparing the performance of of
all GB models in AMBER (include igb8).

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jcc.24011/full
(but their conclusion might not apply to your specific protein complex)

Hai