Re: [AMBER] can MCPB build non amino-acid containing complex?

From: Zhenyu Meng <fdmm1989.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2016 21:49:56 +0800

Hi Pengfei,
Thanks for your information.
I follow the instruction in SI of your paper to build my own FF.
Everything goes fine, while a small problem arises:
My structure has a chloride connected to Pt, while using MCPB.py, the
output seems cannot find chloride within the bonding radius:

***Selected Metal ion PT is atom 1 in residue 1-PT
2-RES.N1 is in 2.8 Angstrom of 2-RES.N1
2-RES.N2 is in 2.8 Angstrom of 2-RES.N2
2-RES.N3 is in 2.8 Angstrom of 2-RES.N3
***The following residues are in the Metal Site:
Residue 1-PT
Residue 2-RES
***The large model contains the following residues:
[1, 2]

I check the standard.fingerprint file, and found N1 N2 N3 are assigned as
X1 X2 X3 respectively while cl is still cl.
In this way if I continue the following steps, at last I'm afraid the bond
between Cl and Pt cannot be generated(I'm not quite sure).
I attach my file for your reference.
Do you have any suggestion?
Your kind help will be highly appreciated!